Re: COHOUSING-L digest 328
From: Christopher L. Wood (c.l.woodcsu-e.csuohio.edu)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 21:09:34 -0600
>Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 12:51:53 -0500
>From: Dave Gaj <davegaj [at] apk.net>
>Subject: Building Relationships
>I am not a fan of legalities and believe that people generally go into
>this type of endeavor with good faith intentions anyway, so a "contract"
>would be unnecessary and perhaps give too much a feeling of mistrust or
>formality.  But this was brought up in our group and will be discussed

Not unnecessary at all. A simple waiver of liability should suffice and
would protect your group (and any individuals) for responsibility for
someone's injuries. As soon as you incorporate, you should get some group
insurance too.  Another thought- if someone would be offended if you asked
them to sign a waiver, then how are they going to feel when you ask them to
sign a mortgage?
Christopher L. Wood             Iyamwotiam
mailto:c.l.wood [at] popmail.csuohio.edu
http://grail.cba.csuohio.edu/~chwood