Developers/long distance
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepivax.epi.umn.edu)
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 13:57:58 -0500
RE: the developer question

I concur with those who said, it's possible, but costs "a lot" in time, not to
mention  money.  Mike Malone spoke our history a bit.

We tried to find a local developer, and actually had one, we thought, but they
dropped us for bigger fish (my interpretation).  I always had misgivings about
how that was going to work, but I don't know if I could have gone ahead with
our purchase if they hadn't been there then.

After that, we could only find development "consultants" who took no risk.  We
did hire one, and I for one, think we needed him, but we also needed more.  I
would never be a developer if you can help it, but what if you don't have Jim
Leach?  Can anyone share their experiences with a long-distance developer, or
does Jim commute?

Judy

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
        (usually checked on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday)
15 homes - 7 new townhomes and 8 coop apartments  in a rehab Georgian building
 built as a retirement home in 1924 -