Art of Community Conference
From: Brad Jarvis (bradjislandnet.com)
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 12:30:34 -0600 (MDT)
        After having lived in cohousing (Cardiff Place) for 5 years, having
participated in all 4 North American CoHousing Conferences, and all 4 Art of
Community Conferences (sponsored by the Fellowship for Intentioal
Community), I just thought that I would like to share some of my excitement
about the upcoming Art of Community Conference.

        Inspite of having participated in earlier Art of Community
Conferences, I still find it a struggle to go to all the concurrent sessions
from which I could grow in my understanding of: community, including
community-formation; group process, including visioning, communication,
consensus and conflict resolution; environmentally-sustainable communities; etc.

        I've found these conferences to be highly enjoyable and highly
insightful.  If you're interested in networking, or meeting other people who
are exploring or excited by community, my intuition is that you might find
this a wonderful event.

        The upcoming conference is in the Catskill Mountains, 2 1/2 hours
Northwest of NYC, on the weekend of Nov. 19 - 21.

        For more info contact the Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC):
mail:  FIC, Rt 1, Box 155, Rutledge, MO 63563; Tel: (660) 883-5545; Email:
gathering [at] ic.org; and web:  www.ic.org .

                                                        Brad Jarvis