Re: Cohousing failures
From: RowenaHC (RowenaHCcs.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 15:50:42 -0700 (MST)
I don't understand the concern of the negative counsel member as you reported
it.  Presumably, if there were a "failure," meaning an inability to finish or
sell the units and went bankrupt, the bank that provided the construction
funding and the members of the cohousing partnership would remain
responsible, not the town!    I think you need to have your attorney explain
this to you, she or he will know more about your particular financial set up
than any of us do.

In the red-hot real estate market around here when we built we had the
comfort of knowing that if the chousing group fell apart we could always sell
on the open market at a profit!