Re: Use of Email in Group Decision Making
From: Lydia & Ray Ducharme (ducharm1cadvision.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 19:26:22 -0700 (MST)
We're at the site search stage.

We use email for everything...BUT decisions.

We send the proposals and agenda out ahead of time so people will be
prepared for meetings.  We also send our minutes out over the email.

If there is anything contentious in the proposal it should be brought to the
committee proposing the item not the general meeting.  Decisions can
therefore be made quite quickly at the general meeting.

We have 14 households, only one doesn't have email.  If there is something
she should see we let her know to come and pick up a copy.

Committees do a lot of work over the email, for example when corresponding
with third parties, they'll formulate the letter together.  When wording
their proposal they'll run it by the other committee members for feedback.

Our development consultant lives in another City.  We correspond back and
forth all the time with her via email.

Lydia Ducharme
WholeLife Housing
Calgary, Canada