Re: Use of Email in Group Decision Making
From: RowenaHC (RowenaHCcs.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:52:12 -0700 (MST)
At Cambridge Coho we use email a lot to raise issues, discuss problems and
seek solutions.   We also disseminate minutes of meetings and proposals.
However, there are several households that either don't have email and have
no intention of getting it or just don't want to be on the list to get
everything.   Consequently, we cann't rely on email reaching everyone.   We
have a "hard" decision board in the entry to the common house where "simple"
proposals are posted with room for comments before a committee goes ahead and
implements it.   If it turns out that the proposal is more contentious than
expected it goes back to the drawing board and is presented at a general
meeting.  There is nothing like face to face when there are strong feelings
involved!

Rowena
Cambridge Coho