Re: Speaking out
From: Kay Argyle (argylemines.utah.edu)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:48:16 -0700 (MST)
Our group had a particularly tense meeting during the building phase, on a
proposal that turned out to be a lot more controversial than anticipated
(we've had some awful meetings, but that would make my top-ten worst list).
  It was the first meeting for a young couple investigating cohousing.
Afterwards I ruefully said, "Well, _they_ won't be back, not after _that_
meeting."  We were totally floored when they showed up at the next meeting.
 Months later I told the woman (now a valued neighbor) about our
astonishment, and she told me that they had been very impressed by the way
the group handled the differences of opinion and strong emotions at that
meeting.  It had reassured them, not scared them away.

Kay Argyle
Wasatch Commons

  • Speaking out Lydia & Ray Ducharme, February 15 2000
    • Re: Speaking out Kay Argyle, February 22 2000
    • Re: Speaking out Gretchen Westlight, February 22 2000