Re: how long DOES it take?
From: Marya S. Tipton (sundoggburgtimes.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 20:35:48 -0600 (MDT)
Hello Denise & all,

We at Hundredfold are on the "fast track." The first families started
meeting about two years ago. After what seemed like an endless land
search,in November we put an 80-acre farm under contract and are currently
seeking approvals from the township and county. The plan is to take
possession June 1 and start construction in late June or July. If all the
stars are ligned up in our favor, then we shall be moving in late fall or
early spring.

A big help to us has been that the family who initiated the project lived in
cohousing beforehand and brought with them a wealth of experience. We also
have a number of "burning souls" in the group, pushing things forward. We
have a very healthy group process. All things considered, we haven't had
very much bickering and most disagreements have been solved with a kind word
and a hug. We also owe a debt of gratitude to Hearbeat Cities, our
consultants, who have helped us to untangle the labyrinthine development
process.

Boy, this is starting to sound like a speech at the Oscars!

Peace,

Marya Tipton
Hundredfold Farm
Orrtanna, PA