Re: Means and end
From: Catya Belfer-Shevett (catyaweathership.homeport.org)
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 19:44:01 -0700 (MST)
Hello,

> There are several Christian communities in the U.S. that I've heard of, but
> forgotten their names and locations.  There are some in Europe and New
> Zealand/Australia as well.  Overall, I don't know how they compare in number
> to "non-ideologically" driven projects, but I think they've been successful.
> Tom Sine, a Christian futurist who is also active in the Simple Living
> movement, mentions a few in his book "Mustard Seed vs. McWorld."

There are about a gzillion christian and other religious communities in
the US and elswhere - religious communities I believe make up well more
than half of the intentional communities (using it as an umbrella term
that includes cohousing) out there.

Check out the Communities directory for more info, or ic.org.

        - catya
                          ____
 "rational romantic   ____\  /    Catya Belfer-Shevett
    mystic cynical    \  / \/       catya [at] homeport.org
      idealist"        \/      www.homeport.org/~catya