RE: Means and end
From: Jason Stirnaman (j.stirnamangte.net)
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 15:04:00 -0700 (MST)
I'm sorry to be confusing.  I was actually speaking about cohousing
communities - probably one of the most well known is Jesus People USA in
Chicago.

 Here is an article on Christian Cohousing that Tom Sine wrote for
re:generation magazine
 http://www.regenerator.com/6.1/commune.html

Sine and his wife Christine work around the world as consultants to
churches, corporations, and missions organizations.  Their group is called
Mustard Seed Associates.  He's written quite alot about practical ways to
reinvent our lives, increase celebration and community, and how the
"American Dream" is unsustainable and ultimately empty.  Mustard Seed vs.
McWorld is, I believe, his latest book.  It's designed to be used as a group
study and is written in a very practical and sensible style.  In it he gives
analyses of globalization ('the race to the top'), world poverty, how the
western lifestyle contributes to poverty, and how the Western Church has
been misguided('the race to the bottom').  He calls for a reinvention of
Christian life and mission.  I would recommend anything he's written...of
course you don't know me.

Jason