Question: Flyers in the Commonhouse
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 06:37:08 -0600 (MDT)
Do you have policies about what unsolicited flyers, newspapers,
bumperstickers, political buttons, etc., can be left in the commonhouse by
members for others to pick up if wanted?

I find political solicitations and announcements unwelcome in the
commonhouse except on the bulletin board provided for them. Even when the
content is not offensive, they have to be tidied often or they become very
unsightly and are generally in the way.

In our space they end up on the mailbox ledge where people have to move them
to get their mail and they get knocked onto the floor. We've tried
discouraging them and have avoided making a rule but often one thinks one's
own cause is worth the irritation to others and after complaints quiet, they
appear again.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org