Re: Forming a new group
From: Chris ScottHanson (chriscohousingresources.com)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 14:37:27 -0600 (MDT)
WARNING:

Generally, advertising for cohousing seems to be a waste of money, unless
you are placing an ad in an alternative newspaper, and you allow it to run
for a year or more.  Apparently, people find you by going back to an
publication where they remember seeing something about your community.
These can be weekly papers, or "New Age" papers, or the like.

It seems that the primary way to get the word out is word of mouth.
Secondary is small posters in the right places, like whole food stores,
cooperative daycares, Unitarian churches, etc.

Another interesting way we tried recently and had some success was a two
week sponsorship at the local NPR station.  LOTS of potential cohousers
apparently listen to NPR.

Good luck.  (Necessary, too)

Chris ScottHanson