Dishwasher
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:09:01 -0600 (MDT)
on 9/30/2002 4:55 PM, HeidiNYS [at] aol.com at HeidiNYS [at] aol.com wrote:

> Meanwhile, we're ready to buy a dishwasher....  recomendations?
> warning?
> The Hobart has been highly recomended.....  anyone with Hobart dishwasher
> experience??  It costs $3,000-$4,000.... was it a good investment?

How many people are you serving at meals? I think it may make a big
difference.

My opinion only, but we have a big commercial washer of some kind. It only
does dishes, glasses, and cutlery that fit into the trays. It doesn't do
pans or odds and ends. And has to be turned on an hour before hand to heat
the water.

This seems fine for really big meals but I miss having a normal dishwasher
in the kitchen that can be used to do all the odds and ends that pile up
during the week or after a potluck using mostly disposables or pizza using
paper towels.

It is the one thing I would add to our kitchen -- a "real" dishwasher. As it
is things either build up or are washed by hand. Washing glasses and cutlery
by hand in a group situation is just not a good idea --- and no one adds
Clorox to the rinse water.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org