Re: Street life
From: HeidiNYS (HeidiNYSaol.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:56:04 -0600 (MDT)
In a message dated 9/30/02 1:02:29 PM, cohousing-l-request [at] cohousing.org
writes:

<< fholson [at] cohousing.org >>

Dear Fred,
I too have wondered about the lull.  for us, it's been one busy time, the
Jewish Holy Day cycle, coming to a rest this weekend.
Your exerpt re streets ring true.  I moved from 'my town', where I'd lived
many years, to move into CoHousing.  While I love living here, I'm in a
different Village, & miss the street life:  informally spending time w
friends when I'd bump into them at the Post Office, grocery, on the street,
at the Library.   For geographic reasons, am just not in this village as
often.  My work's in the opposite direction.   We moved in almost five yrs
ago;  over time, I'll know folks in this village too,  and of course, I do
get to see my wonderful neighbors in my walking around life.

Meanwhile, we're ready to buy a dishwasher....  recomendations?
warning?
The Hobart has been highly recomended.....  anyone with Hobart dishwasher
experience??  It costs $3,000-$4,000.... was it a good investment?
thanks,
Ruth Hirsch  Cantines Island Co-Housing Saugerties NY