Re: Dishwasher
From: Kay Argyle (argylemines.utah.edu)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:15:08 -0600 (MDT)
We've got a Hobart and wouldn't part with it.  It does plates, glasses,
flatware, pans, cutting boards, wood salad bowls, knives, the compost
bucket, the sponges, the floor registers ... everything but disposable cups
(they sag).

If the cook turns it on when the meal starts, it's ready to go by the time
the first dishes come into the kitchen.  The cycle is 90 seconds, and we
probably run a dozen loads on a common meal night (about 20 people on
average).

We've had it three years.  I believe it has needed repair once, I don't
remember what for.  One of the dish racks melted when somebody set it on a
hot burner -- we don't have enough counter space, so the stove gets used.
Our water has a pretty high mineral content, and the high temperatures (190F
rinse) result in a fairly heavy lime build-up, which needs to be taken off
every month or so to keep the rotors from clogging.

Kay
Wasatch Commons
Salt Lake City, Utah
argyle [at] mines.utah.edu