RE: Dishwasher
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 07:57:02 -0600 (MDT)
At Sharingwood if there was one thing I could change about our kitchen it
would be the below counter dishwasher. It requires lifting heavy, wet trays
in and out. A counter level dishwasher all you do is slide the trays in, the
water does not drip all over the floor and your front side and you don't
have to lift anything.  The best setup I ever personally used was at a state
park environmental learning center which had a 90 degree sheet metal
counter. The dishwasher was one tray width to the left of the corner. The
dirty dishes came in on one side, then the clean ones went through the
machine, you pushed them around the corner and the racks  were then ready to
be offloaded in the exact place where the dish pickup happened.

If you are just planning a kitchen play a game called follow the dishes.
Make a diagram of where the dishes to in your flow. They start somewhere,
people pick them up, put food on them, take them to tables, take them to the
cleaning area, etc. The closer this flow can be to a loop, the easier it
will be.

Rob Sandelin