Fire regulations and cohousing
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:25:05 -0700 (MST)
Sheila Braun <sbraun [at] gmavt.net>
is the author of the message below.
   http://csf.colorado.edu/cohousing/2001/msg01672.html

We have a hearing tonight with the town of Charlotte?s planning commission
for preliminary subdivision approval (2nd hearing), and yesterday the fire
chief submitted a letter to the planning commission recommending that no
multi-family units be built in Charlotte until they buy the equipment
necessary to deal with multi-family fires.

What has been the experience of other cohousing communities (in particular
multi-family and very closely clustered) with issues like these? I?ve looked
through the archives & found little on fire regulations & cohousing, &
thought maybe some people on the list had personal experience they?d be
willing to post (today, if possible, so we can use it in our discussions
tonight).

Thanks in advance.

Sheila

Project Coordinator