RE: Do cohousers care about "bricks and sticks"?
From: sbraun (sbraungmavt.net)
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 06:18:10 -0700 (MST)
Hi Rob.

Thanks for your interesting and enjoyable posts to this list. I really
enjoy reading them.

However, here we disagree, I think. It sounds like your acid test for
community is a willingness to share cars. My own would be laughter. But
a red flag goes up for me when an outsider makes a judgment about
another community, or even makes a general judgment about what community
should be. There is a hint of superiority about that.

I wonder if there aren't people out there for whom what you call "just a
condo" is really and truly deeply satisfying and life-enriching, and for
whom the kind of community you find fulfilling would seem like a prison.
There are many paths to happiness and fulfillment. We cohousers don't
have a corner on the right way to live.

Sheila

Project Coordinator
Champlain Valley Cohousing