Eastern Village Cohousing [was: Sociocracy
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:41:10 -0700 (MST)
On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 Dahako [at] aol.com wrote:

> ... Eastern Village is probably
> going to be one of the largest North American cohousings and of all the
> governing structures I'm aware of, I'm most intrigued by sociocracy.
>
> Jessie Handforth Kome
> Eastern Village Cohousing - An urban adaptive reuse project
> Silver Spring, Maryland
> http://home.att.net/~easternvillage/

> Where we just launched our web site!  Yay!  We have about 20 members
> (checks in) already, heading for 50+.

Eastern Village Cohousing has been mentioned in a number of cohousing-L
messages on several topics but so far not discussed in much detail.
I'd be interested in what this means.

Your web site mentions "a very, very urban 60-unit loft-type cohousing
development".  Are the units relatively small?  How many bedrooms will you
have?  Do you expect a high percentage of single people and few children?
Total number of people / adults depends household makeup.

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson  Minneapolis,MN 55411   (near north Mpls)
fholson [at] cohousing.org 612-588-9532 (7am-10pm Cent time)