Re: Sociocracy
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:29:03 -0700 (MST)

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 02:51  PM, Maggie wrote:

I would like to see more discussion among cohousers practicing sociocracy...
Sharon...where will the web page be?

Due to my recent experiment with shower surfing, I haven't gotten to the web page yet but I will post it at my website with the address:
http://www.sharonvillines.com/sociocracy

The global (!) site for the parent organization in the Netherlands is:
http://www.sociocracy.biz

And Sheila Braun at Champlain Valley Cohousing has lots of material posted:
http://www.champlainvalleycohousing.org

I would also like to hear from cohousing groups that are currently using sociocratic principles and method or considering using it. I will be putting up a sociocracy in cohousing web page and would like to post links and progress reports. So far I know of:

Cohousing:
Champlain Valley Cohousing (Formerly Shelburne Falls?, Vermont)
Knoxville Cohousing Community (Tennessee)

Other intentional communities:
Twin Oaks (Virginia)
EcoVillage of Loudon County (Virginia)
HOMES (Housing Ourselves Made Easy, Canada)

This is from a Google search but I'm sure there are more out there. Please let me hear from you,

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC