Re: Fifty Plus Cohousing
From: racheli (rachelisonoracohousing.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:52:01 -0700 (MST)
Sharon,
I don't think "lack of deep committment" is good or bad
in a general way. Obviously, those who wish for it might
feel unsatisfied when it's not there, so for them it's a problem. I was
responding to a person who I thought was expressing
dissatisfaction with the abscense of such committment, so I was attempting
to point out that if such a committment isn't made in an age-restricted
community the result might end up
being similar.

IMO looking into people's expectations and clarifying a community's
attitude around what level of committment is expected could save trouble
in the future. As I see it, it doesn't have anything to do with cohousing
being a "shrink shop" (or not).
R.