Re: Should individual "sponsorship" be allowed of community
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:38:09 -0600 (MDT)
On 10/01/2003 1:14 PM, "Howard Landman" <howard [at] polyamory.org> wrote:

> We have one of those too.  But our basement will take about $75K to
> finish off and we're putting something like $1-2K per year into the
> fund.  You do the math.

What about setting up loans or liens against the units that can't afford to
pay? The association doesn't get paid until the units are resold (or
whatever the loan stipulates) but at least the community can move forward.

Rob Sandelin has often said what works is what makes everyone happy --
meaning not delirious but comfortable with the solution. Skills used by
mediators in problem solving might work well in these instances.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org