Re: quorum
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddesscomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:39:46 -0700 (MST)
You're assuming that a lot of the processing gets done at a decision
meeting, which most groups that are successful avoid. We try to address
concerns before a decision meeting, via committees and discussions with
individuals who might have issues with a particular proposal.

We have used proxies with no problem, usually when it's a slow time and
people are away on vacations. Not that we do this often, though. We're all
living on site, so we don't have the same issues of travel as a developing
group might have. Still, if the issues are hashed out in other ways, the
general meetings are much more efficient.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing

Sponsor me shaving my head for childhood cancer: http://www.stbaldricks.org
Click on "Sponsor a Shavee" and enter my name as written above.
Before and after pictures will be posted!