Re: Choosing Colors
From: Joe Nolan (jnolanadobe.com)
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 11:35:10 -0700 (PDT)
Elizabeth Stevenson wrote:

Joe, you forgot to say where you are from. Ithaca?
Yes, EcoVillage at Ithaca.

Does the cement siding come in different colors?

Yes. I had assumed there was an option of integral color rather than painted on, but I'm not certain. Looks like "Hardiplank" is a common brand, which can be pre-painted with a 15 yr warranty on finish, or just primed.
<http://www.jameshardie.com/homeowner/prodhome/colorplus.php>
Presumably also a good option for fire-resistance in tightly clustered housing.

Also worth mentioning, if you live in dry climate and/or have very good overhangs, you may be able to use an earthen stucco.