RE: Choosing Colors
From: Douglas G. Larson (ddhleearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 17:12:39 -0700 (PDT)
I believe our experience was perhaps unique but our Color Selection
Exercise took a total of 45 minutes. We assigned color selection to an
ad hoc task force and asked anyone interested to be a part of it. We had
about 8 people on it and I know some of us were anxious and half
expecting a long and difficult debate, perhaps dragging on for weeks. We
had our first meeting and came armed with color swatches and a map of
the whole community. We laid the swatches on each building so we could
see what colors were next to each other.

Everyone on the task force voiced an opinion and then we dove in and
bandied several trial colors back and forth. I know I was amazed when at
the end of 45 minutes we had it done. That single meeting was all we
needed. We certainly had our share of other decisions that did indeed
take weeks or months to reach consensus so I don't know what the magic
was for this situation. I tend to think our energies were in alignment.

Douglas Larson,
Songaia Cohousing
Bothell, Washington
ddhle [at] earthlink.net