rules for participation
From: Lynette Bassman (lbassmanalliant.edu)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:38:17 -0800 (PST)
Hi, all.

I am a member of the Fresno Cohousing group.  After having our initial
presentation in September, we have now formed an LLC with 15 enthusiastic
families, and are looking for land.  We'll be bidding on a parcel this week.
As we develop our operating procedures, and as we move out of the initial
excitement phase, and into this next phase that entails lots and lots of
meetings, we are finding that there are a few members that haven't signed up
for committees, and some that are on committees, but they don't really
participate.  A few people rarely come to meetings.  We are looking for ideas
on how to handle this that are consistent with the cooperative nature of
cohousing.  What have your groups done about this, or was it an issue for your
groups?  We would appreciate hearing about your experiences of what worked and
what didn't.

Thanks.

Lynette Bassman