Re: rules for participation
From: Matt Lawrence (matttechnoronin.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:25:46 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Tree Bressen wrote:

Even though not everyone is into meetings, i think it's important to build a culture that says, "If you want to be a part of this decision, you show up at the meeting, and if you're not there, it's not fair for you to complain afterward about the outcome."

I don't fully agree with that. I've seen groups where the _only_ real communication happened at meetings. There are other ways of communicating "where the group is", "what has been decided", "what will be decided" than meeting face to face. In fact, if a group can't put down detailed descriptions of these in writing, I don't think they are anywhere close to being capable of handling a multimillion dollar real estate development deal.

-- Matt
Nothing great was ever accomplished without _passion_