Finance/HOA questions
From: Christina (turtlesoup00hotmail.com)
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:43:23 -0800 (PST)
Hi All-

I serve on our community's finance team, and would love to hear from other
communities on a couple topics.

1.      If there are other Colorado communities on the list, how have you
dealt with the recent passage of Senate Bill 100, which has some impact on
HOA's and the limitations they can put on individual property rights?  Do
you work with a lawyer on an ongoing basis to ensure that your CC&Rs,
bylaws, etc, are up to date with recent legislation?
2.      In general, how do you handle the financial/legal obligations with
regards to late fees/non payments, budget management/overages, and
maintenance expenses/authorization (in particular with attached housing
where the HOA and the community member each have different responsibility)
etc.  We have policies and practice, but I am just looking to get an idea of
how other communities that manage their own finances deal with these items
in a day to day way so we can continue to develop our practices.

Take care,

Christina