Re: design as criteria?
From: truddick (truddickearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 05:08:31 -0700 (PDT)
-----Original Message-----
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 22:44:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: Lion Kuntz lionkuntz [at] yahoo.com
>--- Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Opt In
>> Verification of Financial Capability
>> Acquisition of Property
>> Design
>> Hiring of contractor
>> Construction
>> Move in

>...R. Buckminster Fuller wrote a dozen books and travelled the globe
>hundreds of times lecturing that design comes first above all other
>priorities. Nobody got it then, and you still are not getting that.
Even after your careful post, I'm not sure I get that.
Is it your contention that design comes before property?  I'm no expert but
I was under the impression that the topography and substrate of the property
had to be considered in design.
Now, certainly a group will explicate some design values-like sustainable,
eco-friendly, vehicular access, preferred common facilities-but lots of
decisions will depend on how deep you must pour the footers, won't they?
Also, how would this advice change if a group was focused on urban retrofit?
Design must follow acquisition when you (for example) decide you're buying
up an ubran city block, or an old warehouse, no?
___
  !    _    Thomas E. "TR" Ruddick
  !   !_)   Nunquam Vadis Levis!
      !  \