Re: list of "waypoints"
From: Mac Thomson (macheartwoodcohousing.com)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 06:20:01 -0700 (PDT)
About 10+ years ago a Massachusetts architect in cohousing, Bruce Coldham, used to facilitate a forming group workshop called the Timeline Game. During the workshop, a new forming group would learn about the multitude of steps necessary to get from initial interest in living in cohousing to move-in and the interrelationship of all those steps. Each step was on an index card. On a very long table the group would place the index cards in a timeline showing the order and relationship of all the development steps.

I found the workshop to be so useful when our group was forming that I worked with Bruce to package the Timeline Game with detailed instructions so a group could run the workshop themselves without Bruce there. It was sold in that form for several years and then there was some talk about making it freely available on the web. If I remember correctly, the Cohousing Network (now Coho/US) wanted instead to continue to make it a money maker and were going to market and distribute it. I don't think they ever did anything with it, but maybe they did.

Does anyone with Coho/US know what ever became of the Timeline Game?

Cheers,
Mac

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"Timing has an awful lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance."