Re: list of "waypoints"
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 04:38:58 -0700 (PDT)

On May 19, 2006, at 1:28 PM, Eileen McCourt wrote:

A huge milestone that caused us to loose time on our schedule is Fannie Mae
approval and the first mortgage.  In a related issue, because the first
people who moved in paid cash, it was hard to get appraisals to meet the full cost of the homes for the first few buyers with mortgages. Another
factor in Fannie Mae approval was the completion of the Common House.

What year was this? And did you work with an experience developer? Were you a lot development model or multi-household dwellings?

For us these were things the developer handled and in 2000 were not huge obstacles. We had Historic Preservation Review Board issues and permit delays but these were typical construction issues unrelated to cohousing.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC