Reasons for attending the National Conference July 2006
From: Rick Mockler (rickwhdc.com)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:46:13 -0700 (PDT)
We're delighted to see the growing interest in the National Conference,
which is shaping up very nicely.

Our Program Team actually has an entire track devoted to "Living in
Cohousing," for people living in completed communities.  The team has
recently confirmed these workshops and will be posting them to
www.cohousing.org shortly.

My experience is that the national conference is an opportunity for
people from built communities to share best practices with their peers
and to keep in touch with the broader movement, including strengthening
ties within local regions.

As a ten year resident of Muir Commons, I've appreciated problem solving
everything from participation issues to HOA policies at the national
conference, but I also get a charge out of seeing what's happening in
the broader movement.  Some younger communities are pushing the envelope
and educating us about things we had never before considered.  And I
love sharing our story with newcomers, whom are hungry for information
and encouragement to help get their project off the ground.

For me, the most valuable part of the national gathering is that it
helps us all stay connected with each other and the larger vision, so
that we don't default into being isolated communities looking inward.
I'd encourage every built cohousing community to budget registration for
several of its members, because what they bring back enriches their
entire cohousing community.

Rick Mockler
Coho/US Board Volunteer

P.S.  I'm also looking forward to touring the built cohousing
communities in the Raleigh/Durham area!

Message: 1