Documentation for banks
From: Marty Maskall (mmaskallpacbell.net)
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 19:05:21 -0800 (PST)
Hi Paul,

Good luck as you go through the loan process. We will be doing that soon. We have neighborhood opposition, so we researched property values. You might want to check out our website, www.OrangevaleCohousing.org.

Here's the pertinent text:
INCREASES PROPERTY VALUES: Some Sycamore Village neighbors have expressed concern that higher-density housing might lower their property values. However, the respected Urban Land Institute (ULI) cites research that indicates no discernible difference in the appreciation rate of properties located near higher-density development compared to those that are not. Read excerpt of ULI report. The ULI conclusions were recently verified by two local appraisers. Read letter from Fair Oaks appraiser. A cohousing appraiser conducted an analysis of cohousing neighborhoods in the greater Sacramento area. Read letter from cohousing appraiser. Several communities have found that cohousing actually increases surrounding property values. Read letters from the Mayor of Sacramento, the Mayor of Chico, and the Mayor of Emeryville.

Hope this helps!

Marty Maskall
Orangevale Cohousing (a Sacramento, CA suburb)
mmaskall [at] pacbell.net

Message: 3