Re: Cohousing and local neighborhood
From: Larry Miller (larry.millercharter.net)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:05:18 -0700 (PDT)
"So, I appreciate if I can know some other communities that provide space for
political
organizing
or other non-governmental organizations/nonprofits where members are involved."

Oak Creek Commons has used its Great Room for a number of outside events
including Sierra Club
meetings and a fundraiser for a local politician. It has also been used for
"Awakening the
Dreamer" symposiums and other groups that support sustainable living. These
generally have been
upon request from one of our residents. Our community has also sponsored events
on global
warming and sustainability to which we have invited the public, In addition, we
have worked to
provide assistance to a neighborhood low income housing group located across
the street from us.

Larry Miller