Re: Free-Riders & Cohousing
From: Ann Zabaldo (ann.zabaldogmail.com)
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 14:31:42 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Larry!

A very interesting system!  Thank you for sharing it w/ us.

Clarification:  Is that $32.00 per month, per hour, per quarter?  If
one household has 3 adults and another has1 adult they still pay the
same amount per household if they don't want to work and prefer to
pay?

Wanting to learn more about how this works!

Best --

Ann Z.

--
Ann Zabaldo
Voice 202-291-7892

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Larry Miller <larry.miller [at] charter.net>
wrote:

>  How do cohousing communities define and deal with the problem of
>  "free-riders?"
>
>  Oak Creek Commons, like most communities, has variable participation. We
> chose to deal with this
>  by imposing a "participation charge" as part of the dues.

The participation charge is $32 per household.