Senior Cohousing versus seniors in Mixed-Age Cohousing
From: Bruce McKinney (brucemgreensilverlinings.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:14:56 -0700 (PDT)
We are in the early forming stage for a cohousing community (currently
called the Silver City Eco-Community in Silver City, New Mexico). So far all
members of our core group are between about 55 and 60, but we have been
planning a mixed age cohousing community and trying to recruit younger
people. I recently started reading Senior Cohousing by Chuck Durrett, which
raised questions about whether we should be forming a senior cohousing
community.

Personally I'm still in denial about my age, and I can't see why I would
choose senior cohousing, but maybe I'm missing something. I would like to
get opinions from younger seniors in cohousing (especially 55 to 60) on why
you chose senior cohousing or mixed cohousing and whether you think you made
the right decision. If you are in mixed cohousing, would you consider moving
to senior cohousing?

Bruce McKinney