Re: Work or Pay Systems
From: Brian Bartholomew (bbstat.ufl.edu)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:25:22 -0700 (PDT)
> We all make the money/work tradeoff, so I'm not offended by the idea
> that some people would pay and others would work, but I do see
> problems evaluating the worth of that work.

Which aspect is a problem?  Do you want, expect, or hope that every
individual has in sum the same amount of total value to offer?  That
every olympic athlete, brain surgeon, or math genius has a flaw of
corresponding strength?  That every person born with a disabling
physical birth defect has a corresponding richness of character?

Economic egalitarianism is impossible because people are *different*.
They do not total up to be economically identical.

-----

> Certainly capitalism has decided that question one way, but do we
> need to agree?

The only people who need to agree are the two offering to exchange
money for labor.  They are the ones who evaluate the worth of a
particular piece of work (and, perhaps soon, the worth of a particular
piece of money).
                                                        Brian