Re: Work or Pay Systems
From: Brian Bartholomew (bbstat.ufl.edu)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:31:52 -0700 (PDT)
Perhaps we have both misunderstood each other?

I was arguing that there are no factors that support the idea that
every person produces the same amount of value per hour.

When two people agree to exchange X money for Y labor, that is a real
solution to a specific instance of how those people value things.

-----

| By the way, has anyone looked at Bartering, Community Exchange
| Systems or Local Exchange Systems? That might be an equitable way to
| balance value of work trades in a community.

Local currency systems like Ithica Hours seem to embrace the evils of
paper money faster than national currencies.  The issuers of those
currencies inflate it to incent consumption as a social goal.  The
purpose of local currency is to make it hard to cooperate outside the
local hamlet.  Is this a goal you share?
                                                        Brian