Re: condo association accounting services
From: Alexander Robin A (alexande.robiuwlax.edu)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 18:10:11 -0800 (PST)
Having an outside audit is a good idea just as a quality control check. To the
other post, it definitely should not cost $5,000 unless you have a particularly
complex organization. To Denise, sounds like your accountant is a bit obsessive
with the recommendation to have all these funds. Sometimes simplicity is best.

An outside bookkeeper is a good idea and can ease the burden by doing the
taxes. I've found it better to use an independent small accounting shop rather
than one of the bigger companies due to the latter costing a lot more for
usually not better service. An audit is always a good idea just as a check on
the work done but for a simple organization such as a cohousing it should not
cost a lot.

Robin A

"Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our hearts, and warmth
to our souls."
Colleen Klaum