advise about the pros and cons of having associate members
From: Kathy Buck (kkbuckbellsouth.net)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 06:54:30 -0700 (PDT)
Our group Eldergreen Cohousing in Carrboro NC is in the process of forming our LLC. We don't have land yet but we are talking to a couple of developers and have some leads so its time to get real. We have been meeting for two years and have our values and mission and dedicated core group but we have not put up significant $$. We have been working outlining what we want in our operating agreement to give to our attorney and one of the areas we have discussing the pros and cons of having associate members and I am wondering how many other groups have or have had associate members and how were they treated as far as decision making.

Kathy Buck