Re: Mini-Cohousing
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 04:14:05 -0700 (PDT)
Signe e <ishtar_767 [at] yahoo.com>
after deleting long quote.

Hi,

I have been reading most of the posts on this subject and would like to
chime in.  During the course of my recent research project in the area of
shared housing among older adults I discovered a wonderful book
entitled:  "The Sharing Solution How to Save Money, Simplify Your Life,
and Build Community" by Janelle Orsi and Emily Doskow.  This book
includes chapters addressing the legal aspects of shared housing.

Secondly,  articles on this subject have appeared in mainstream publications:
http://www.aarpmagazine.org/lifestyle/the_new_housemates.html

Women Turn to Alternative Housing to Meet Retirement Needs -- by Lisa
Scherzer in SmartMoney September 21, 2007
http://www.smartmoney.com/personal-finance/retirement/women-turn-to-alternative-housing-to-meet-retirement-needs-21857/

Meet the Real Golden Girls by Mary Beth Franklin, Senior Editor for
Kiplinger May 2007
http://www.kiplinger.com/magazine/archives/2007/05/mystory.html

This is definitely a hot housing trend that will have folks taking notice.

Signe
Former Trillium Hollow Cohousing resident, currently living in a house
share arrangement in Portland Oregon