Lancaster cohousing update and events
From: Kathy Bashford (kathybashfordgooglemail.com)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 12:02:06 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All

Lancaster Cohousing is progressing!  We've now completed our site purchase
and are starting the design process. Over half the homes are pre-sold but we
are still recruiting new members. If you may be interested please come to
one of our events.
*4th Sunday each month *Brunch
11am , Whale Tail Café, Lancaster

* Saturday 1 August
*Meal / drinks 6pm White Cross Pub, Lancaster

*Sunday 2nd August *Tour of the site
2.30-3.30pm Halton Mills*, Halton

*Tuesday 4th August *Public Meeting
7.30pm The Borough, Lancaster

*Thursday August 20th *Local Residents Information Evening
6.30 - 9.30pm with a presentation at 7.30pm, Greyhound Pub, Halton

*Sunday 23rd August *Tours of the site (and meet members)
1-3pm Halton Mills*, Halton

*Saturday October 3rd *Sustainability Expo stall
Lancaster Town Hall
*
Sunday October 11th
*Cumbria green building event (tours and information) 2-5pm Halton Mills*,
Halton

 There are advantages in joining soon including early joiner discounts,
earlier plot choice and joining in the design process.
Please find out more on our website
<http://www.lancastercohousing.org.uk/>and join as a prospective
member to keep up to date
here <http://www.lancastercohousing.org.uk/howtheprojectwillwork-join.html>.

Cheers,

Kathy

Lancaster Cohousing

www.lancastercohousing.org.uk

*Halton can be reached easily by bus or bike from Lancaster.  To find the
site please see this
map<http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=LA2+6RH&sll=54.076865,-2.75671&sspn=0.011406,0.038624&ie=UTF8&ll=54.077168,-2.754779&spn=0.011406,0.038624&t=h&z=15&iwloc=A>for
directions (but don't be confused as some more buildings have been
built
since then!).  The marker is by the mill building.  You reach it via Mill
Lane heading east from the small bridge over the Lune and can recognise it
by a large 'North West Engineering' sign.