Re: the concept of cohousing v. actual cohousing
From: PattyMara Gourley (pmgourleygmail.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:34:33 -0800 (PST)
I'll jump in and confirm what Randa wrote.  At Tierra Nueva, Central CA
Coast, with help from Wonderland, we found investors to help us with our
development/construction costs through bridge loans.  This happened when we
had about half of the members we needed.  As the project went forward, more
members felt more confident to buy-in.  This was in the mid nineties when
interest rates were higher and the real estate market was not booming.  And
we were determined to keep the costs of our project affordable.

We offered great interest and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars from
individuals interested in supporting green building and intentional
community.  We paid them all fully with the profit made from the project.
And we inscribed their names in our Common House cornerstone.
PattyMara

Our cohousing home is for sale:
http://bigbrick.com/52510
http://tncoho.com/available/1742

"Luminous beings are we . . . not this crude matter." --Yoda