Development Phase of $ Commitment to Cohousing
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 13:21:08 -0700 (PDT)
In follow-up to Eli's posting yesterday, copied below, there are certainly many
substantive benefits of being an early investor and committed burning soul in
the cohousing formative stages.

I think the most important of these is to be able to have a strong influence in
the decision making, the site selection, the design decisions, and the project
budget as well as all the other normative decisions that are either explicitly
or implicitly made in the process, including determining the process itself.

In addition, the earliest participants typically get the priority of choice in
selecting a lot, site or unit in the final allocation of homesites.

No risk, no reward. Carpe Diem!!

Tom Lofft
Liberty Village, MD