Re: Looking for folks to have a community technology conversation with
From: Bryan Syverson (bryan.syversonfresnocohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 10:34:44 -0800 (PST)
Hello, Neil-
I manage technology for La Querencia Cohousing here in Fresno, CA.

We are still not sold out, so the main focus of our website is marketing to
prospective buyers.  We do have a section of the website for community
documents, but it is awkward enough that many members never use it.

We use a shared Google calendar for our community calendar, which works
pretty well.

Mailing lists are managed through our webhost's control panel and almost
meet our needs (limited to 10 lists and a little difficult to maintain).

Our community talks often about redesigning the website to make it easier
to collaborate.  However, I don't have the time or interest and no-one else
has taken it on, yet.  There aren't many community members who'd blog or
post, anyway, so I've let it be.  We allocated some funds in our 2013
budget (I'm also the treasurer and bookkeeper) so we might be able to do
something in the next 12 months. We've gotten advice from several folks to
do something Wordpress-based.

Regards,
Bryan Syverson
La Querencia Fresno Cohousing