Re: Affordable Cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 12:31:42 -0800 (PST)
On Dec 31, 2012, at 3:16 PM, R Philip Dowds <rpdowds [at] comcast.net> wrote:

> This is my long-winded way of saying I don't really believe that the design
> and construction industry features only bums and bozos who must be monitored
> every minute of the day.  Nor that, reno or new, you can't get a quality
> product.  You CAN get a quality product.  Just not at a rock-bottom price.

I'm not saying that they are all bums and bozos or that you can't get quality
work but the idea that new construction will will be all clean and working
perfectly and a retrofit building won't is a misconception worthy of a Snopes
listing. I think very few potential cohousers have the skills to determine in
advance who is a bum or a bozo -- or even to write specifications and
understand all the bids. That's why they need an experienced developer. It
saves time, money, and grief -- all factors affecting affordability. And
doability.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines