Making Cohousing Permanently Affordable
From: Zev Paiss (Zevabrahampaiss.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 07:03:23 -0800 (PST)
I was asked by David Mandel from "T" Street Cohousing in Sacramento, CA how we
made our homes "permanently affordable?"

We didn't. The City of Boulder, CO has an inclusionary zoning ordinance that
requires at least 20% of all new construction to be permanently affordible.
They require this to be on the lien of the home and they are the ones to set
the sale and purchaser income requirements to limit what you can sell the home
for and who can qualify to buy it. It is very tightly controlled and it works.

The additional affordable homes were mandated again by the city when we asked
for a density increase. They gave us the additional homes, but all of them ad
to be in this program.

Zev
303.413.8066
From Here to There: A Story of America's Future