Re: Aging in Cohousing
From: Kay Wilson Fisk (kwilsonfiskcomcast.net)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 12:41:17 -0700 (PDT)
When we planned our community we had a few elderly residents who
wanted handicap-accessible features in their units, and so we
agreed to design all units for "aging in place." This includes:
- at least one ramp to buildings not at ground level;
- front doors that are wide enough for wheel-chairs;
- handicap-accessible walk-in showers, including hand-held shower
nozzles and room for a folding bench, in main floor bathrooms;
- I think the folding bench, high toilets, and grab bars were all
options.

You don't need to be elderly to appreciate these features. They
can come in handy when you have elderly or handicapped visitors,
and after certain surgeries. And it turns out that they can make
it easier to sell units.

Kay
Meadow Wood Community
www.mwcondo.com