Community-minded people seeking house mate for building more community
From: andrea veltman (aveltmangmail.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 09:53:16 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

We are posting this on the cohousing list because we hope to find somebody
who would enjoy being part of our household and expanding our connections
with our wonderful group of neighbors. We have ties to two nearby cohousing
communities (joining dinner rotation) and hope to connect physically with
our immediate neighbors by putting a gate into our fence. This is a
neighborhood where people have strong ties and take care of each other.
Block parties and events abound, and community gardening and free yoga
classes are near. Expanding into a small retrofit cohousing community might
be possible as houses come up for sale. Read on ...

2 1/2 room suite for rent in North Oakland, CA near Ashby BART station.
$1,500 monthly rent plus one month deposit. Rent includes utilities, wi-fi
and laundry but not phone service. Off-street parking possible
occasionally, pets negotiable.

We are a couple who have lived in Oakland for many years and are looking
for a community-minded person to share our recently renovated home. We are
renting out two good-size, beautiful rooms upstairs with plenty of light
and an integrated breakfast area with fridge, cabinets, counter and sink.
Medium-size closet in each room plus 2 storage areas in suite. Semi-private
full bath upstairs, second bathroom downstairs. Living/dining room and
large main kitchen shared, as well as an upstairs sitting room; occasional
use of guest loft. New laundry machines in basement. All work done up-to
code and with low-VOC materials.

We have wonderful neighbors, are an easy walk to Ashby BART and several bus
lines, Berkeley Bowl Market and many small shops, Bushrod Park
with recreation center and tennis courts, a weekly farmers market and two
community gardens with various activities. This is a wonderful, lively
neighborhood!

We both work from home, and our busy teenage son attends the Oakland School
for the Arts Vocal School and lives with us part-time. We have a shy cat
and a not-so-shy dog, and our household is usually quiet. We like a variety
of dancing and music, cooking, bicycling, gardening and various outdoor
activities and are looking for a person who enjoys some of the same.

Our front and side yards have fruit trees, herbs, berries and natives, and
we are in the process of planting a garden in the back. Future plans
include creating an office space in one garage, hot tub, possibly a work
bench, and a small outdoor gathering space.

If this seems like a situation you'd enjoy living in please write and tell
us more about you by writing OFF LIST to aveltman [at] gmail.com.

Andrea and David