Re: Possible Funding Scheme for Building Rentals & New Cohousing
From: oz (ozozragland.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 11:49:11 -0700 (PDT)
Some have tried this - several private investors from established
communities (including several who have actively contributed to Coho-L)
have invested in new communities.

This worked out great for some investors when the market was on its way up.
In a down market, when new communities have had difficulty selling units -
not so much.

Personally, as a member of Songaia Cohousing, I invested in its expansion,
by instigating and contributing to a group purchase of two adjoining
properties - which are now occupied by members of our growing community.